SAUDI CUSTOMS AUTHORITIES
Kindly find below the advisory as received from the Saudi Customs authorities;
Reference to our circular number 685/11/M dated 1433, regarding the additional space in customs Bayan to show the way of cargo/commodity payment of value (Imported or exported) for the necessary we require all to comply to the following.
1. The Bayan should show automatically the method of cargo value payment (Import/Export), otherwise it will be sent back to the broker to add it.
2. The payment done on the basis/bank credit/ordered collection or transfers/cheque’s in one shipment the prove documents should be attached in case not attached an undertaking of 3 months grace period to submit will be taken.
3. The deal with cash payments of SAR 60,000 or more, the declaration serial # for the exit of money outside KSA will be showed with a copy. In case of disability to do so, an undertaking will be made to provide the form later. (The investigating unit in the ministry will study and correction).
4. The deals paid as per Bank letter of credit, collection order, transfer or cheque’s etc., for all the deal or the batches of deals the following will be considered :
a. The Proof of payment documents copy should be attached that is Bank letter of credit, order of collection, transfer or cheque along with customs Pre Bayan.
b. The collection will be automatically done, from the amount shown in the documents of payment for the shipment whether partial or sum. (In condition that the partial invoices must contain the number and date of documents)
c. In case such a document is not having a number the importer will be requested to provide copy of it.
5. For the papers showing credit payment, an under taking will be taken against (Import/Export), then re- open an account for each and every deal separately will value written on it. After value paid the account will be closed as per the actual paid value and provide copies of the payment documents.
6. For the Cargo coming in the name of individual, whether directly or via other courier companies or post offices, in the documents the method of payment should be clear, if the customs doubt anything, then the documents showing the payment will be asked for.
7. Information Centre will be responsible for :
a. Promotion of the current progress by adding additional spaces in the Bayan of import or export, the instant clearance and the statistical Bayan, to show the method of payment with its details, at the same and the related link between these spaces in the Bayan and the related documents to show the value in each Bayan. But in case there is no matching between there documents regarding the value, it will be immediately sent to the undertakings. (Something related to cash).
b. The legal affair advisor (division) in the department (Financial Investigation unit) should receive the fulfilling of the under taking.
c. The custom affairs, (Value section) will be receiving the fulfilling of under taking as mentioned in (2,3,4,5) refereed to before.
8. The custom affairs – value division will follow closely the issues and manage it for the points mentioned as 2, 3, 4 & 5.
9. The legal department – investigation section it will take the role of studying all issued sent to them from all customs branches, in case there is no declaration for values ion the deal (Import/Export), or any doubts of payment method.
10. The department of hazard (danger goods) in cooperation with value section, will make a semiannual report including the results coming from the implementation of this system, putting into the consideration the changes of the prices already declared, before and after in all custom branches (Import/Export). If there is any fraud or similar a red track will be implemented to the doers.
11. This system will be audited by the value section in coordination with hazard section and legal department beside all the custom branches every six months