PORTBASE - Info ECS Services
Europe has set new requirements for export. With the Export Control System (ECS) the European Union hopes to better protect its borders and strengthen its internal market.
As of 1 July 2009, exporters or forwarders in a country belonging to the European Union (EU) are obliged to submit their export declarations electronically. Your cargo needs to have actually left the European Union within 150 days after that. Via Portbase’s ECS services, Rotterdam and Amsterdam offer you a single port-wide solution for the Customs obligations that have arisen in the Netherlands due to ECS – free and with added advantages.
All European exporters and forwarders with container cargo stand to benefit. All that Portbase needs are five simple items of information about the cargo.
How does it work?
1. As exporter/forwarder, you submit your export declaration to Customs using your own Customs application.
2. Straight afterwards, you send below basic items of information about your export shipment to Portbase using the service ECS notification;
3. As soon as your container shipment arrives at the sea terminal, the terminal notifies Portbase of it using the service Notification of arrival ECS containers. In combination with the information supplied by you, Portbase uses this to generate the arrival at exit and sends it to Customs.
- Container number.
- Booking number.
- MRN (Movement Reference Number).
- Document type.
4. Via the service Track & trace ECS, you then receive several status notifications about your export shipment.
5. The shipping company gives Portbase input about the containers to be loaded on board the vessel via the service Cargo declaration export EDI. Together with the information provided by you and by the terminal, Portbase then uses this to generate the exit manifest.
6. The service Track & trace ECS then sends you status reports about this.
7. You receive the confirmation of exit directly from Customs.
Your export declaration is thereby validated and your administration correct.
With just a few items of information from you, Portbase’s ECS services ensure the watertight validation of your export declaration and that your administration is correct.Free and easy!
Should you have any further questions, please contact us.